By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Grilled Tomahawk Chop (Sous Vide Technique)
2 ½ -3lb Ribeye Steak, Long rib bone-in
Kosher Salt and Coarse pepper to season
You will need a Wolf Multi-function Cooker, the Wolf Convection Steam Oven, or a Sous Vide Circulator for a constantly controlled temperature. This process is worth the time, as it produces a piece of meat cooked perfectly to the temp you set, never overcooks!
1. Preheat water bath somewhere between 120-140°F, I like 132°F.
2. Season Steak on all sides with Salt and Pepper.
3. Seal Steak in a vacuum bag.
4. Cook for 2-3 hours, I do 3 hours for a steak this large.
5. Preheat your Charbroiler or Grill to high heat.
6. Remove from the pouch, and pat dry with paper towels.
7. Grill on all sides for 2-3 minutes per side. It will brown very easily!
8. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing for service, Enjoy!
Wolf Convection Steam Oven (32)Main Dish (32)Denver (29)Salt Lake City (25)Kansas City (24)Dessert (22)St.Louis (18)Side Dishes (11)Breakfast (10)Appetizers (10)
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)