By: Chef Allysa Adamson
Slow Roasted Cod with Chile Crisp and Herb Salad
1½-lb. skinless cod
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 small shallots, thinly sliced
2 heads of garlic, separated into cloves, sliced
1½ cups vegetable oil
2 3″ cinnamon sticks
6 star anise pods
1 2″ piece ginger, peeled, very finely chopped
¼ cup crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. sugar
1 small white onion
3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
1 cup parsley
1 cup cilantro
1 cup mint
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1. preheat Wolf oven to 300 degrees. Place cod on a lined baking sheet and rub with olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until opaque and flesh flakes apart when pressed.
2. Meanwhile, bring shallots, garlic, oil, cinnamon, and star anise to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Maintain a gentle simmer, swirling the pot occasionally, until garlic and shallots are browned and crisp, 20–25 minutes.
3. Mix ginger, red pepper, soy sauce, and sugar in a medium bowl. Strain shallot mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over ginger mixture. Let the garlic and shallot cool in a sieve (this will allow them to crisp further) before stirring back into chile oil.
4. Toss onion, cucumbers, parsley, cilantro, mint, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine; season salad with salt.
5. Divide fish between plates. Spoon chile crisp over. Top with herb salad.
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)