By: Matt Chatfield
Angel Hair Pomodoro
With Chicken Scallopini
Pasta Pomodoro Ingredients
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 each Roma tomatoes, diced
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
8 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
2 cups chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
1 chunk Parmesan Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, Basil, pepper, and salt and heat through, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the angel hair pasta for 3 minutes in salted boiling water, stirring to keep from clumping together. Drain well.
- Transfer the hot, drained pasta to the sauté pan. Toss the pasta gently with tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
Chicken Scallopini Ingredients
Two 6-8 ounce boneless chicken breasts
2 cups Italian Breadcrumbs
½ cup Olive oil (not Extra Virgin)
- Preheat an empty 10-12 inch pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 2-3 very thin but full size pieces
- Dredge the chicken scallopine in the Breadcrumbs and set aside to cook.
- When the pan is preheated, add half the oil and then the chicken pieces.
- Cook chicken for 2 minutes per side, till fully cooked.
- Set the cooked pieces a folded paper towel to catch any residual oil.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over just before serving atop the pasta.
chicken (5)appetizers (5)Side Dishes (4)Vegetarian (4)vegetables (4)griddle (4)pork (4)Salad (3)Sous Vide (3)Sauces & Dressings (3)Pizza (3)Beef (3)Minneapolis (2)Cocktails (2)Brunch (2)lamb (2)Pasta (2)