By: Matt Chatfield
2 cups AP flour
¾ cup sugar
1 cup pecans toasted, chopped coarsely
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 ripe bananas
2 large eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
½ cup white and dark chocolate chips
- Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well. Set aside.
- Toast the pecans in a small pan over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes to bring out more flavor in the nuts. Remove from pan and chop rough cut on a cutting board.
- Combine and mix well the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, coarsely smash the bananas using a potato masher.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, yogurt, sugar, and melted butter.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix a little, then and add the nuts and chocolate chips. Finish incorporating without overmixing the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top. Bake in the Wolf Convection Steam Oven Humid Mode set to 325 F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 20 minutes before carefully removing by inverting the loaf onto a Baker’s Rack to cool completely (if you have the Will Power).
- Slice and enjoy. Wrap the bread after service to keep from drying over the next day.
chicken (5)appetizers (5)Side Dishes (4)Vegetarian (4)vegetables (4)griddle (4)pork (4)Salad (3)Sous Vide (3)Sauces & Dressings (3)Pizza (3)Beef (3)Minneapolis (2)Cocktails (2)Brunch (2)lamb (2)Pasta (2)