By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Toasted Pecan Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
(Wolf CSO Convection Humid Mode)
2 cups AP flour
¾ cup sugar
1 cup pecans toasted, chopped coarsely
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 ripe bananas
2 large eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
½ cup white and dark chocolate chips
1. Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well. Set aside.
2. Toast the pecans in a small pan over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes to bring out more flavor in the nuts. Remove from pan and chop rough cut on a cutting board.
3. Combine and mix well the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, coarsely smash the bananas using a potato masher.
5. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, yogurt, sugar, and melted butter.
6. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix a little, then and add the nuts and chocolate chips. Finish incorporating without overmixing the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top. Bake in the Wolf Convection Steam Oven Humid Mode set to 325 F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let bread cool in the pan for 20 minutes before carefully removing it by inverting the loaf onto a Baker’s Rack to cool completely (if you have the Will Power).
Slice and enjoy. Wrap the bread after service to keep from drying over the next day.
Chicken (6)Fish (6)Bread (6)Vegetables (5)Vegetarian (5)Pork (4)Minneapolis (4)Sauces & Dressings (4)Griddle (4)Salad (4)Beef (3)Brunch (3)Sous Vide (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Pasta (2)Speed Oven (1)Breakfast (1)