By: Chef Ben Davis
Valentine’s Day Ancho Chili and Honey Truffle
½ cup heavy cream
10 ounces best-quality dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao, finely chopped)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp ancho chili powder
Generous pinch of kosher salt
Cocoa powder for rolling
1. Bring the cream to a simmer over medium-high heat and add the chocolate and butter and stir to melt. Add the honey, chili powder and salt then continue to stir until very smooth.
2. Transfer to a glass baking dish and chill until set.
3. Scoop the truffle mixture with a melon baller or ice cream scoop and quickly roll into small balls. Chill the tray for at least 30 minutes to firm the chocolate.
4. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and roll the truffles in cocoa powder and place on parchment paper-lined trays and chill to reset the chocolate.
5. Serve at room temperature.
Wolf Convection Steam Oven (32)Main Dish (32)Denver (29)Salt Lake City (25)Kansas City (24)Dessert (22)St.Louis (18)Side Dishes (11)Breakfast (10)Appetizers (10)
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)