By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Bananas Foster French Toast
1 cup half and half
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons of honey, warmed in the microwave for 20 seconds
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons salt
8(1/2 inch) slices of day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread
4 tablespoons butter
1. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. You may do this the night before.
2. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie plate set aside. Preheat oven to 350 Convection, or 375 F bake.
3. Dip bread into mixture-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick sauté pan, or a griddle. Place slices of bread in the pan, be careful not to crowd the slices, and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Remove from pan and place on the rack in the oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices.
5. Serve immediately with bananas foster topping.
Chicken (6)Fish (6)Bread (6)Vegetables (5)Vegetarian (5)Pork (4)Minneapolis (4)Sauces & Dressings (4)Griddle (4)Salad (4)Beef (3)Brunch (3)Sous Vide (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Pasta (2)Speed Oven (1)Breakfast (1)