By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Crispy Popped Potatoes With Gremolata
2 ½ lbs B size potatoes
1 tbsp Kosher salt
4 tbsp. olive oil plus more for pan
1/4 c. sherry vinegar
3 tbsp. capers, drained and chopped
1 tbsp. anchovy paste
1 ea clove garlic, pressed
1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Place potatoes in a large pot. Making sure to add enough water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 18 to 22 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
2. Preheat Wolf oven to 450 F, or 424 F Convection Roast. Drizzle and brush Olive Oil all over a large rimmed baking sheet. Place potatoes on a sheet and, with the bottom of the glass, or a tenderizing mallet, gently press until crushed but still intact, about ¾ thick. Drizzle tops with olive oil and roast for 25 minutes.
3. While potatoes cook, in a bowl, combine vinegar, capers, anchovy paste, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir in parsley. Drizzle over potatoes and serve immediately. Season with Kosher Salt when they come out of the hot oven.
4. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl, adding as much Extra Virgin olive oil to balance flavors as you need to.
5. Serve on the side with potatoes, or you may drape the fresh sauce just before serving if desired.
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)