By: Chef Jeff Davis
Cocoa Pork Rub
3 oz Cocoa powder
7 oz Kosher Salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp dried Oregano
1 tsp ground white pepper
2 Tbsp granulated garlic
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp onion powder
Procedure Cooking Pork Butt
1. 4-pound Pork Butt, season all sides generously until coated. Save remaining rub for later use. Wrap seasoned Pork Butt with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat Wolf oven on Roast at 325 degrees.
3. Preheat Wolf Griddle at 375 degrees, or cast-iron skillet on medium-high. Place 1 Tbsp of Avocado oil on the cooking surface, sear Pork Butt on all sides until golden brown.
4. Place seared pork in roasting pan, or cast-iron skillet, with 2 cups chicken broth, ½ rough chopped yellow onion, 2 rough chopped carrots, 2 rough chopped ribs of celery. Cover with aluminum foil and place on rack position 3. Roast for 2-3 hours until fork-tender.
5. Cool Pork to room temperature. When cooled, pull pork using latex or Nitril gloves. Place pulled pork in natural jus from the roasting process.
8 ounces Sour Cream
Zest and juice from 1 lime
¼ tsp Kosher salt
Pinch of chopped Cilantro
Combine all ingredients, place in a squirt bottle, store in the refrigerator
8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1-2 small chipotles in adobo
Juice of 1 lime
¼ tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp granulated garlic
Place all ingredients in a food processor, blend until smooth. Place in a squirt bottle, store in the refrigerator.
Constructing Carnitas Tacos
Grated Cotija cheese
Shredded Iceberg lettuce-very thin
Fresh lime cut into ¼
5-6 inch flour or soft corn tortillas
Preheat Wolf griddle at 325 degrees, or cast-iron skillet on medium. Lightly coat the cooking surface with Avocado oil, toast tortillas on both sides until warm and lightly brown.
On warm tortillas:
1. Draw one line of lime crema on the bottom of the tortilla, edge to edge down the middle.
2. Place 1.5 ounces of pulled Pork on lime crema.
3. Drizzle Adobo crema on top of Pork.
4. Top with thinly shredded Iceberg lettuce.
5. Sprinkle with grated Cotija cheese.
6. Squeeze with a little fresh lime juice.
7. Garnish with one sprig of fresh cilantro.
Wolf Convection Steam Oven (32)Main Dish (32)Denver (29)Salt Lake City (25)Kansas City (24)Dessert (22)St.Louis (18)Side Dishes (11)Breakfast (10)Appetizers (10)
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)