By: Chef Allyssa Adamson
Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Lavender Lemon Glaze
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 Tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat Convection Steam Oven on Convection Humid to 325 degrees. Grease and sugar a Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, and tea leaves. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add and fold in dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and even out the top. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until the temperature probe inserted into the center of the cake reaches 205 degrees. Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
4. Meanwhile, make the icing. Combine the milk and lavender buds in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat, allow to steep for 10-15 minutes and then strain the milk into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt, and then whisk in about 1 ½ cups powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar if you want the consistency to be thicker.
5. Pour glaze over cake and serve.
Chicken (6)Fish (6)Bread (6)Vegetables (5)Vegetarian (5)Pork (4)Minneapolis (4)Sauces & Dressings (4)Griddle (4)Salad (4)Beef (3)Brunch (3)Sous Vide (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Pasta (2)Speed Oven (1)Breakfast (1)