By: Chef Allyssa Adamson
Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Lavender Lemon Glaze
Convection Steam Oven Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Lavender Lemon Glaze
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 Tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat Convection Steam Oven (CSO) on Convection Humid to 325 degrees. Grease and sugar a Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, and tea leaves. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add and fold in dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and even out the top. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until the temperature probe inserted into the center of the cake reaches 205 degrees. Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
4. Meanwhile, make the icing. Combine the milk and lavender buds in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat, allow to steep for 10-15 minutes and then strain the milk into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt, and then whisk in about 1 ½ cups powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar if you want the consistency to be thicker.
5. Pour glaze over cake and serve.
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)